Press:Marianne Richmond Studios Inc. Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (September 1, 2001)
Author Name:Richmond, Marianne
"May you sense your loved one's spiriton a lazy sunshine dayand know the one you miss delightsto watch you laugh and play."The Gift of a Memory is a warm and gentle gift of love that commemorates the loss of a special life and celebrates our most cherished memories.
Each page, with its tender prose and reflective artwork, is a hug for the healing heart.Created to be a welcome friend for life's emotional journey of loss, this keepsake offers sensitive compassion, hope, and comfort.
A beautiful section in the back of the book honors our memories, inviting friends and family to record their treasured recollections.This jewel of a book belongs on a coffee table or at bedside...to read and re-read whenever you need The Gift of a Memory.
Children's Books,Religions,Inspirational,Literature & Fiction,Poetry,Themes & Styles,Inspirational & Religious,Growing Up & Facts of Life,Difficult Discussions,Death & Dying
PDF Download And Online Read: The Gift of a Memory: A Keepsake to Commemorate the Loss of a Loved One (Marianne Richmond)
Comment List (Total:18)
- Bought this for a friend at work who lost her brother. I was a bit worried when reading the reviews but was very pleasantly surprised when I got the book. The art is cute and the poetry meaningful.
- ILoved it and gave it as a gift.
- Use it as a gift for funeralsAll good reviews
- Very fine quality and was shipped very quickly.
- I love this book and this author.
- I received this book back when I lost my brother in 2007. The words and illustrations were such a comfort to me, that I have purchased this book for every single person I know one who has lost someone dear to them. This book is excellent for any age.
- Looked like a great book but was ripped at the binding. I returned it.
- Fantastic book for a child who just lost a loved one.
- Not what I expected!
- wonderful experience!
- The Gift of a Memory is a nice keepsake book. The grieving process is expressed in stages permitting each individual to work through her emotions privately.I purchased a copy to review before ordering one for my Dad and each of my uncles, but I have decided against ordering each of them a copy when the time comes. I do have a close relationship with one cousin for whom I will purchase a copy of the book because she also has fond memories of our grandmother that I know she will want to share with her child when he is older.When my grandmother was suddenly hospitalized soon after the news of an aggressive cancer I thought briefly about leaving it at her house for family visitors to record their favorite memories, but the book does not lend itself to that idea as it is written for one person to author as she commemorates her memories of the loved one who has passed.
- A beautiful book. Great gift for someone who has lost a loved one!
- I have given this book to many people who have loss a son, a husband or some other immediate family member. Each time, I have recieved confirmation from the families on how much it helped them deal with their loss and continue to deal with their loss. The illustrations are beautiful and the words are few but it is able to directly touch the hearts of those who have lossed a love one.
- I saw that some reviewers thought this book was juvenile. I recently lost my mother and received this book from a friend.While the words are simple, the sentiment behind them are far from juvenile. It doesn't need to be a long or complicated poem to be meaningful. The words meant something to me and to my family (I got this book for each one of us) and seemed to get exactly right the emotions that we were feeling. I was comforted by this book. It helped me - and continues to help me - with the grieving process.
- I bought this book for a friend who had just lost her mom.It's perfect in its simplicity - beautifully illustrated, upbeat and cheerful, with just the exact right words (few but meaningful) to comfort a person who has just suffered the loss of a loved one.My friend loved it, so I am quite happy with it.
- Perfect gift for loved ones passing.
- Excellent book to share with those who are grieving.