Press:Ingram Pub Services Applewood Books (October 15, 2005)
Author Name:Keene, Carolyn
In celebration of the 75th anniversary of the first appearance of Nancy Drew, Applewood Books is pleased to release the 20th volume in its reproductions of the Original Nancy Drew-Just as You Remember Her.
The Clue in the Jewel Box was ghostwritten by Mildred Wirt.
It was first issued in January 1943.
Its nostalgic dust jacket art and frontispiece were illustrated by Russell Tandy.
In The Clue in the Jewel Box Nancy and her friends help Queen Madame Alexandra search for her missing grandson.
With only an old photograph of the prince at four years of age, Nancy begins her search.
She discovers a secret in a jewel box that helps reunite the royal family.
About the Author
Carolyn Keene is the author of the ever-popular Nancy Drew (All New) Girl Detective and Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew series.
Children's Books,Mysteries & Detectives
PDF Download And Online Read: The Clue in the Jewel Box (Nancy Drew, Book 20)
Comment List (Total:15)
- Not as advertised. Was looking for old original books, not new ones. Shown as original date . Not again.
- Throughly enjoyed Miss Nacy Drew and her cohorts in another escapade! Well written and fun entertainment for the amateur detective.
- It was a gift for a 12 year old girl She loved it
- Great read.
- Mom loves the series!
- They Are Way Over Priced for A KINDEL AND I AM AN VISUALLY IMPAIRED READER AND THESE ARE NOT EVEN PAPER WHICH I CAN HOLD IN My HaND AND PASS TO MY GRANDCHILDREN .
- Great read!
- Good story. But then I love all the Nancy Drew stories.
- I love Carolyn Keenes Nancy Drew. My mom used to read it, now I do. They were the first real chapter books that really got me into reading. Though all Nancy Drew books are similar in a way (two mysteries, linked somehow in the end) they are all so creative and different. I never would have been that creative to come up with so many different mysteries. Carolyn Keene is an excellent author. This is another of one of her great in her own way classic' s that I will highly recommend. The only reason I didn't give it a five star is because I am still shaking, smiling about, in love with one of her other great mysteries.
- Thank you.
- This book is amazing. I love the twists and turns in the story. I have read many many Nancy Drew books. This is clearly my favorite. Nancy meets an old woman and becomes friends with her. Nancy tries to find her missing grandson ..... BUT IS EVERYTHING AS IT SEEMS
- One of the better books after the first ten or so. There are enough twists and turns to keep one guessing until the end. It's relaxing nostalgic fun for adults when one doesn't have to worry about anything very disturbing and just wants a fun mystery. This is more "girly" than other books in the series though, with much of the story concerning a fashion show, but it had good character development. I wish I had read the longer original edition now as I wonder what was cut out. I think the publisher should consider a new revision or restoration if the original editions of these books.
- This book has lots of action, one thing after another! A story about a former queen who was looking for a long lost grandson, thought she found her grandson, but a wrong one. It was interesting to see how the story ended with a happy ending.
- I enjoyed it very much