Press: Little Simon (May 7, 2013)
Author Name:Barkley, Callie; Riti, Marsha;
Liz is excited for a fun summer with The Critter Club, but will summer school ruin her plans?It’s almost time for summer vacation, and Liz is looking forward to sleeping in, taking an art class, and spending plenty of time with her friends at The Critter Club! Between fun summer plans and busy petsitting schedules, the girls are going to have their hands full.
But on the last day of school, Liz gets the unexpected news that her math grades aren’t where they need to be.
Though she’s not thrilled to be stuck in summer school, Liz works hard—and learns a lesson even more important than fractions.
With easy-to-read language and illustrations on almost every page, The Critter Club chapter books are perfect for beginning readers.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Liz Learns a Lesson
Children's Books,Mysteries & Detectives,Literature & Fiction,Chapter Books & Readers,Chapter Books,Growing Up & Facts of Life,Friendship, Social Skills & School Life,Friendship
PDF Download And Online Read: Liz Learns a Lesson (The Critter Club)
Comment List (Total:16)
- I loved your books and amy and always made my heart smile is long as I read this I'm always content and I rated this because books are amazing!!!
- My 7 year old daughter loves these books.
- Great Series has my daughter reading each book more than once
- It is for my daughter who loves it . She reads a lot of books she is in summer brake.
- Second grade granddaughter is very happy.
- my daughter absolutely love, love this book...
- Our granddaughter is in love with these books!
- Daughter loves this series. Got her into reading more
- My 3rd grader loves all the Critter Club books!
- This is a great book for little girls. Liz and her Critter Club friends have many adventures watching pets for people. In each Critter Club book they face a different adventure. In the Critter Club Liz Learns a Lesson Liz is all set for summer break and fun with the Critter Club but has to adapt when plans change. The language is simple, the pictures are cute and the chapters are short. Great series for little girls. I would say this book and series is comparable to the Heidi Heckelbeck books by Wanda Coven.
- Not sure what the lesson was but great book. I love math too!! Love the girls and the animals in Critter Club!!! I especially love Rufus!!!!
- Wonderfully written sweet stories about friendship and kindness.
- This is a great series about strong, adventurous girls that my 6 yo loves...she is a huge fan of Ivy and Bean and has no patience for the likes of Junie B. Jones...the Critter Club girls and adventures are just her speed! She reads them herself, but when I read them out-loud to her the dialogue and stories are good enough to be interesting to me and not make me cringe like other series marketed to this age-group do!
- This series is perfect for my 9 year old daughter! She loves to read but longer books don't hold her attention! These are the perfect length, and the stories are sweet, tenderhearted and positive! I would recommend these to all pre teens!
- I want to read all of your books! If you stop making them then I will lost my best friend
- we are transitioning to chapter books and this was a good fit for my daughter. Chapters are smaller and less complicated with several pictures still in the novels.