Press:Orchard Books Orchard Books (July 6, 2006)
Author Name:Giles Andreae,David Wojtowycz
There's a rumble in the jungle, There's a whisper in the trees, The animals are waking up And rustling the leaves.
These fun and funky poems are brought to life by the voice of Hugh Laurie, while the accompanying music and sound effects make you feel like the jungle really is all around you! Enter the jungle and explore this noisy collection of animal poems for young children from Britain's best-selling contemporary poet, Giles Andreae, also known as the hilarious Purple Ronnie.
The text is accompanied by the wonderfully bright and colourful artwork of David Wojtowycz.
"Picture books like these get everything right - funny witty verses complemented by vivacious and colourful illustrations." - "Books for Keeps" on "Rumble in the Jungle", "Commotion in the Ocean" and "Farmyard Hullabaloo".
An entertaining selection with lively illustrations and a format suitable for storytimes.
--School Library Journal, November 1997From its zebra-striped endpapers to its goofily grinning fauna, this picture book is a storytime all by itself.
--Bulletin of the Center for Childrens Books, September 1997
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Giles Andreae is the author of some of Orchard's bestselling picture books.
David Wojtowycz has teamed up with Giles time and time again, always with enormous success.
Their titles, The Lion Who Wanted to Love won the Children's Book Award and Commotion in the Ocean was shortlisted for the Nottingham Children's Book Award.
Another of Giles's titles Giraffes Can't Dance was commended in the Sheffield Children's Book Award.
Children's Books,Literature & Fiction,Literary Criticism & Collections,British & Irish,Poetry,Poetry,Regional & Cultural,European
PDF Download And Online Read: The Rumble in the Jungle
Comment List (Total:18)
- Bought this book because our baby loves "Giraffes can't dance" by the same author. This book is bigger, and the rhymes are great
- This is a great book. My 4 year old and 3 year old neighbor both love it. Look for the 3 ants on each page.
- This Book is a blast to read to little ones. I have given it as a gift to many a birthday.
- This is our second copy of this book. It is a favorite. This one is larger than our previous copy, but the kids love it the same.
- great book---great price
- Excellent children's book and I really enjoyed the colorful illustrations.
- My neighbor gave me 2 books by the same author and illustrator (hard cover), Commotion in the Ocean and Baryard Hullbaloo. My girl absolutely LOVES these 2 books especially Commotion in the Ocean. Seeing as she loves these two I wanted to get Rumble in the Jungle, she is only 10 months so I got her a durable board book instead of a hardcore book cause I didnt want the pages to tear. I unwrapped it, showed her the book and she did a "OoOOOO!" face and crawled to me and we sat down and read the book.Mesmerized. The pages are colorful, the rhymes are fun and tuney. I ADORE these books. Ever time I turned the page she will open up her eyes to take in all the colors and I would watch her eyes dart from side to side to see the pictures. Then would babble something about the picture.. then would want to turn to the next page. I love love LOVE how each page I turn the colors are a little bit different, the scenery is different so there is a nice contrast been the page you are on and to the next. There is also a 'dark' page towards the end of the book where it is night time, she loves this page too (also in the other two books) I truely recommendd this book its amazing. It IS a little short but for a toddler whos attention span is limited its fabulous!
- Super cute book! Very colorful and fun to read.
- Perfect! Just what I wanted and so cute for the little great-grandson. Excellent service and fast shipping.
- Cute book, keeps my kids' attention. Great illustrations.
- Cute book!I used as a guest sign in book at a safari themed baby shower. It was a hit!
- This is truly a great book for little ones, engaging rhyming scheme that catches little minds without having to try too hard. Wonderful visuals that make it easy to look over repeatedly. I read it so many times to my now 17-year old son, I can still repeat the opening sequence, word for word! "There's a rumble in the jungle, there's a whisper in the trees...." I use it now just to embarrass him. Have bought several copies as gifts for nieces and nephews - always a big hit!
- This book is very cute. Great illustrations. My 2 year old loved it.Pay attention to the first page of the book- you will see an ants walking out of their ant hill then on each page through out the book you will see thoes ants climbing around on various parts of the page (ie a leaf on the tree). I made it a game for my son to find the ants on each page and he loved it!
- This is a great book! Great colors and pictures, fun rhymes.Read this to your child. Give each animal his own voice. If you can't, call me on speakerphone and I'll read it to them.Every child should own this book.
- Bought this after our daughter absolutely loved Giraffes Can't Dance, but this book isn't quite as endearing. The illustrations are equally as interesting and bright, and it's bigger than a regular board book, but some of the poems are awkward.
- This book rhymes and has a catchy rhythm the kids enjoy. The pictures are bold and bright. The simple amount of text allows many natural opportunities for animal sounds and voices. The pages have small details that are also fun. My kids like to find and point out the ants crawling through the pages of the book. Each page is a different poem. There is no cohesive storyline but rather a little silly poem about each animal. Because of the simple rhyming and bright colors my kids were all interested in the book from newborn to now preschool age. Commotion in the Ocean by the same author/illustrator is equally as good. My kids ask for both.
- My son enjoyed Giles Andreae's books when he was little so we purchased for my 4 yo niece for Christmas - she loves them. Would purchase again.
- I've read this book to my library students and found the story to be really disappointing. The poetry in the book is extremely sloppy.