Press:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; Reprint edition (February 4, 2014)
Author Name:Scroggs, Kirk
Ever since transforming into a Muppet, Danvers Blickensderfer's life has gone a little bonkers.
Not only does he have a cool fuzzy nose and flip-top mouth, he's also the right-hand man to his hero, The Great Gonzo.
To top it off, he's singing boy band hits with the coolest guy in school, Kip Strummer.
Yes siree, life is sweet .
that is, until a new kid strolls into town.
Armed with snarky attitude, snappy one-liners, and a killer bowler hat, this conniving comic is soon stealing the spotlight and turning Danvers into the laughing stock of the school.
It's a clash of the class clowns as Danvers enlists the help of master Muppet yukmeisters Fozzie Bear, Pepe, and Rowlf in his quest to be the sixth-grade king of comedy.
Meanwhile, evil little sis, Chloe, is getting her own musical number at Kermit's theater and, for Miss Piggy, this means one thing: War! Let the battles begin!
Children's Books,Humor,Action & Adventure
PDF Download And Online Read: Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet: Clash of the Class Clowns
Comment List (Total:8)
- She loved it!It was easy fun reading. She loves this series and has enjoyed all 3 books so far.
- All three of my children (ages 9, 10, and 11) are big Muppet fans, and have enjoyed this series. Fairly quick and easy reads, but they love them.
- This book is very exciting! I am 9 years old and my brother is almost 8 years old; we loved both of the muppets books and can't wait for the next one!
- Everything by Mr. Scroggs makes me laugh until my sides hurt. I love his work, I love the Muppets, and I highly recommend this book and anything else written and illustrated by him!
- This was just what my daughter was looking for and it shipped quickly. The price was right and I would order again.
- My son loves these books!
- Ever since Danvers Blickensderfer became a Muppet, his life has been pretty sweet. He gets to intern with his idols and work closely with Gonzo, his biggest idol. But annoyance comes in the form of his little sister Chloe who steals the show when Miss Piggy has an accident during the Kid’s Pick Awards, a development that Miss Piggy finds infuriatingWhen Chloe becomes famous and gets her own reality show as a result, Danvers is frustrated. But then a new kid, Phips, starts at his school. This new guy is pretty witty, but the object of his wit is always Danvers and his friends. Can Danvers figure out a way to put this new class clown in his place?This is a light, fast read since it includes lots of small chapters and plenty of illustrations. I flew through it, so reluctant readers who like the Muppets will feel right at home. I know I was laughing at the silliness of the book. There is way more going on than what I’ve mentioned here, but even so, all the plots were juggled perfectly.My only complaint was Pepe. He’s around quite a bit, and every time he starts to talk, he ends his first sentence with “okay.” That may be the way the character really does talk, but it annoyed me completely.Even so, I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to what happens to Danford next in his new life as a Muppet.