Press: Candlewick; Pap/DVD Re edition (July 12, 2011)
Author Name:McGuirk, Leslie; McGuirk, Leslie;
Tucker rolls out a very creative costume in a funny Halloween story young children will appreciate.For Halloween, Tucker’s owner always dresses him as something cute, like a pumpkin with a little hat.
But this year Tucker doesn’t want to be cute - he wants to be spooky.
Time to put his paws to the cause before the trick-ortreaters arrive! Kids will laugh at his efforts to make just the right statement.
About the Author
Leslie McGuirk has written and illustrated numerous picture books, including SNAIL BOY and HO, HO, HO, TUCKER! She is also well known in Japan, where her artwork can be found on everything from T-shirts to teapots to toilet-seat covers.
She lives in Vero Beach, Florida.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Children's Books,Holidays & Celebrations,Halloween,Animals,Dogs,Humor
PDF Download And Online Read: Tucker's Spooky Halloween: Book and Animation (Candlewick Storybook Animations)
Comment List (Total:13)
- I had a West Highland Terrier as a kid, so maybe I have a soft spot..... that being said, my family loves this book. A lovely character and a fun story. I would call it "cute" but Tucker wouldn't like that!
- Another wonderful adventure in the Tucker series! My daughter was enraptured! Congrats on another book well done!
- I know, I know...it's supposed to be a kid's book. I promise to find one before Halloween so I can share Tucker with them! Another CHARMING, ORIGINAL and FUN book by Leslie McGuirk. Her drawings are as irresistible as the story. Don't wait for Halloween -- enjoy Tucker ANYTIME!
- We love littl Tucker and his unique and wimsical personality.Leslie McGuirk's books are written in a voice that youngchildren can truly connect with.
- I first stumbled onto McGuirk's Quirks on the internet ([...]) and have since fallen in love with each Tucker offering.
- My niece has all the Tucker books (thanks to me) and she loves them all. She was really excited to add Tucker's Spooky Halloween to her collection and always reads them to her...
- This was our first Tucker book. We received it as a gift as we have a dog Tucker. It was an instant favorite. We just had to buy a new one, something got spilled in it and the pages all stuck together and ripped when pulled apart. We also ordered a couple others in the series. Very happy for prime shipping getting it here fast, avoiding multiple days of tears waiting for it!
- Another wonderful book in the series. I own them all. The children I purchase for read them over and over. They are captivated by Tucker's adventures and the colourful illustrations. A must have for any child or adult. Check out the entire series.
- Tucker's at it again! We've been waiting for the next Tucker book and we weren't disappointed! This is a story told with warmth and charm, cute without being cutesy, Tucker tries to be spooky but grabs your heart instead. I see a new Halloween classic in this house!
- Not sure what all the fuss was about with these rave reviews. If I had read this book in a store first, I wouldn't have bought it -- it isn't bad, just not all that good. Tucker is a tiny white dog whose owner dresses him up in cute costumes every Halloween -- he wants to be scary, so he rejects the cowboy costume she bought him this year and wraps himself up in toilet paper pretending to be a mummy. For some reason the children in the story find this terrifying...because a tiny dog mummy is scary and in no way cute... Part of the reason I dislike this book is that it's targeted toward preschoolers and sends the message that cute Halloween costumes are lame. This book is okay, but there are better ones out there. This one is destined for our next garage sale.
- I love the Leslie McGuirk books. My child is named tucker so I enjoy these books a lot. I've bought many in this series and I really like that there's pretty much one for each holiday which makes them a year round treat.
- Although I don't have children of my own, I give the Tucker books to all of my friend's children! They were so excited to have a new addition to their Tucker library and we read it every time I'm at their house! It's been non-stop talking about Tucker's antics and how funny he is.
- I bought this book for my great nephew. After reading it I have decided to buy the entire set for both of us. What a wonderful book!!!