Press: Turtleback Books; Turtleback School & Library ed. edition (May 1, 2006)
Author Name:Benton, Jim
FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY.
Jamie Kelly confides to her diary her experiences in middle school with a boy who likes to give insulting nicknames, cafeteria food, and gorgeous, perfect Angeline, the girl with the long blonde hair who sets all the trends.
Children's Books,Growing Up & Facts of Life,Friendship, Social Skills & School Life,School,Friendship,Humor
PDF Download And Online Read: Can Adults Become Human? (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) (Dear Dumb Diary)
Comment List (Total:18)
- I would recommend this book to who like to laugh a lot. and I think it's funny. I love the part when Jamie was talking about her teacher,Miss Anderson never ever smiles witch is impossible because who doesn't like to laugh.I can't tell you the rest of the book but I can tell you this you will love it.HAPPY READING!
- I'm a forty six year old reading this with my daughter, and I'm not sure who likes it more, she or I.
- My 2 nieces love these books, They are so funny it is hard to put them down, even me and my 23yr old daughter laugh when we read them.
- Good book easy to read good for kids and funny entertaining exciting. Everyone needs to get this book it is great
- This is an amazing & humorous book for girls. As soon as I started the book I didn't want to stop reading.
- For my daughter
- My 10-year-old daughter , a picky reader, devoured this whole series. Easy to read, great illustrations, and absolutely hilarious. Book # 5 is just as funny as the first 4. I read them too. Laughed til I cried! Honestly!
- Good read, keeps the kids interested.
- Great book but I think it could should be a little more thought over in terms of being respectful but other than that great book!
- I AM NOT A NITWIT AND BTW MY MOM SAID THAT HALF THE PEOPLE WHO READ THESE KIND OF BOOKS TO THEIR KIDS THEIR KIDS ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE READING THIS MATERIAL.
- This book is very awesome I love Jim Benton's books they are so great it is heart warming and funny and you just want to smile every time you see the cover good job Jim Benton!
- I got the first book of this series, and after reading it i went out and bought the other 3 books in the series! these books are soo funny....believe me once you read them you will not stop! i was waiting for a long time for the next one to come out. now it has yay!
- Yes, I did buy these books for my daughter but I must say how much i really, really enjoy reading DDD. This by far has been the funniest book to date. Can't wait for my daughter to finish the next book, so i can get another easy laugh.
- This series is very funny. Adults love the books as well. The author is the creator of "Happy Bunny" and his sense of humor carries over into these books as well. I do not think the ages listed is correct. My daughter just turned nine and reads these books in less than two hours. So to list these books as 8-12 is wrong. I would say they are for 6-11 year olds (being a stretch for 11 year olds). The books are great-they are written from a young girls perspective and read like she is actually speaking to the reader. Hard to believe the books were not written by a young girl!
- If you want to read a book thats hilarious, creative, and different, then you should read Dear Dumb Diary bye Jim Benton. Dear Dumb Diary is a series of books that were written like a diary of Jamie Kelly. Jamie is a mid-teen girl who goes to Mackeral Middle School. Almost every day she writes about her day or what mood she is in. Jamie is a normal girl who would do anything to get revenge on Angeline, her evil enemy. Her best friend Isabelle is a crazy girl who is surprisingly very different then Jamie. Every book has different problems and occasions. The most recent book that I've read in the series was Can Adults Become Human? This book was intelligently funny and made me laugh whenever I saw the pictures. This book is about Jamie's aunt comeing to visit her family. Her aunt turns out to be loads of fun and ends up working at her school. Little does Jamie know about the secrets her aunt has been keeping. This book only took me 2 days to read because I loved it so much I cant wait for the next one to come out.
- I love this line of books. They are all very entertaining. I couldn't stop laughing.
- i think this book is great for girl to help them with the rules of being a girl . it shows you how to deal with mean girls, it show you how to ask to your parent. it a guide to life for girl!!!!
- she loved it