Press:American Education Publishing American Education Publishing (May 1999)
Author Name:American Education
american education publishing--an open door to education! Make home education an adventure that you and your child will treasure for a lifetime! With the Learn at Home series, you can be confident that you are providing your child with a quality education.
Designed by experts in elementary education, this valuable resource covers a full school year in six curriculum areas--everything you need to teach your child at home.
This comprehensive resource includes: 36 weeks of lesson plans Instruction in Reading, Language Skills, Spelling, Math, Science and Social Studies Additional activities supporting each week's lessons Explanations of concepts and teaching approaches Step-by-step instructions Ready-to-use, reproducible activity sheets Full-color illustrations The Learn at Home series--the essential guide to a quality home education.
Begin the adventure!
Children's Books,Education & Reference,Money & Saving,Education & Teaching,Schools & Teaching,Homeschooling,Instruction Methods
PDF Download And Online Read: Learn at Home: Grade 1
Comment List (Total:9)
- More than I expected for sure. Will be using them again next year for my kids books. Very very happy
- I really love this series. It is a homeschool best kept secret. I have been homeschooling my son since he was 2. We sped through the Kindergarten book and are working systematically through the first grade book, which we find much more challenging. I really enjoy the teaching helps, guidance and the week at a glance lesson plans. A word of warning though. . .I do spend a lot on copying; for one, I want to reuse the text with a younger child, and secondly, often pages that are designed for cutting and pasting are backed up onto another workbook page. I keep portfolios of work--so I don't want a math page on the back of a reading page. I also enjoy the book suggestions. My library has an online catalog--so I look a week or two ahead and find most of what I need! Amazon is great too <grin>! If it were not for the reading suggestions, I fear we might have read the same 5 books over and over again! I'm sure that you all know exactly what I mean! I recommend this book fully to any homeschooler struggling with, time, planning, or fearing forgetting something--it is all there!
- This book is everything the editorial reviews and the publisher say it is. I am very happy that I purchased this workbook.
- I have used this curriculum book for Kindergarten, as well, and we just love them both! Although it was published a few years ago (about 13), the material is exactly what I was looking for to homeschool our son! It is fun and hands-on and full of really great ideas. We love this publisher and these books!
- Here is the booklist:Great well-rounded curriculum. Faults have already been covered. This List will help cover one of the faults and buying a second (discounted) copy will save from copying pages that need cut.Learn At Home Book List Grade 1Week 1 Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr Grover's Own Alphabet Golden book by Sal Murdocca 3 Brown Bear Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr What Happen's to Hamburger by Paul Showers (science Do You Want to be My Friend by (Soc St) 4 The Three Bears Byron Barton 5 Are You My Mother by PD Eastman 6 How Many Snails? A County Book by Paul Giganti Jr. 7 Quick As A Cricket by Audre Wood (Any type of career book for Soc St) 8 Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak Now We Are Six by AA Milne 10 Relatives/Cynthia Rylant 11 Any or all of these: Sheep in a Jeep/" in a Ship " in a Hop " Out to Eat by Nancy Shaw 12 Cat in the Hat Jack in the Beanstalk\ 13 A House is a House for Me by Mar Ann Hoberman 14 Fing Bidgood's in the Bathtub Audrey Wood 15 We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen 16 Heckedy Peg by Audrey Wood 17 Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle 19 The Napping House by Audrey Wood Frederick by Leo Lionni (Science) 20 Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia B Lee 21 The Story of Ferdinand by Monro Leaf 22 We're Different We're the Same by Bobbi Jane Kates The Cloud Book by Tomie de Paola (Science) 23 Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle (Math) 24 Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible No Good, Very Bad, Day by Judith Viorst Random House Book of Poetry (Soc St) Making Friends by Fred Rogers (Soc St) or any book about Friends 25 Blueberries for Sal by Robert McClosky The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein (Soc St) A Child's Garden of Verses by RObert Louis Stevenson (Sci) 26 Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? by Nancy Carlstrom Random House Book of Poetry 28 Snow Day by Ezra Jack Keats Any book about Columbus 29 Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling 30 Ira Sleeps Over by Bernard Waber 31 Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobadkina 32 Don't Wake Mama and Five Little Monkeys by Eileen Christelow Any Biographies on George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, Clara Barton and Marting Luther King Jr 33 If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff 34 Mama Do You Love Me? by Barbara Joosse 35 Swimmy by Leo Lionni 36 There's A Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Maye Who Sank the Boat by Pamela Allen The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins Millions of Cats by Wanda Greg
- Last year was my first year to homeschool my child,I purchased this book not realizing how wonderful it would be!The book covers all of the required subjects for my state which I found helpful.The book includes lessons for every day for 36 weeks it is absolutely wonderful!I was also able to supplement other books and worksheets to expand on what was in the book ,which I enjoyed.My only complaint is that a lot of the books listed to read were very hard to get,Amazon has many,but the ones they didn't have were sometimes impossible to find.Unless you have an excellent library near by (which I do not)you will have to substitute other books. I'm sure you can find those here at Amazon!This year I am teaching 2nd and kindergarten and I will again be using Learn at Home books!
- This book is filled with tons of ideas you can use either as a main curriculum or as a supplement to another curriculum. There is a weekly subject layout for every subject, every day (M-F) and you can use it as suggested or modify it to your child's needs. Every worksheet is in the book already, but you will need some basics for some of the other activities (scissors, glue, index cards, construction paper, etc). We especially love the books they recommend reading and the activities based on them, most of which have been easy to find at the library. If I can't find the book, I either buy it second hand OR find out what the book is about and choose another book about the same topic/theme we can use. I am using this book primarily for reading/science/social studies/phonics and we use another set of books for math and more penmanship practice. I would recommend finding a listing for this book with a preview feature or looking at the preview on googlebooks so that you can determine if this is too easy or too hard for your child. My son is in kindergarten, but the level K book was a review of things we covered in pre-K, so the first grade level book is a better fit for what he needs right now - he can already read simple books and count to 100. For the price it is an amazing resource! We are also using the 3rd grade book for my 2nd grader and are really loving this whole series of books so far.
- Great product! Fast shipping!
- As a new home-school educator (of three children), this book and others in the series has been very helpful. Not knowing where to begin, the lessons plans and ideas set forth give guidelines so you don't have to flounder around wasting time discovering what works.