Press:Lerner Pub Group Lerner Pub Group (L) (April 2004)
Author Name:Brill, Marlene Targ
Garbage trucks can weigh as much as five elephants.
They can pick up garbage from 400 to 500 houses before they are full.
That s a lot of trash!
Children's Books,Cars, Trains & Things That Go,Cars & Trucks,Engineering & Transportation,Engineering,Civil & Environmental,Environmental,Literature & Fiction,Chapter Books & Readers,Beginner Readers
PDF Download And Online Read: Garbage Trucks (Pull Ahead Books)
Comment List (Total:18)
- IT WAS SMALLER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BUT MY SON LIKED THE BOOK ALL THE SAME.
- Perfect for my 4.5 year old boy. Lots of pictures and the reading is nice and short. I am currently looking to buy other books for my child by the same author.
- For anyone who loves garbage!
- Great book for garbage truck lovers!
- GREAT BOOK. MY GRANDSON HAS ME READ THIS PRACTICALLY EVERY DAY TO HIM.
- Our 2 year old is obsessed with garbage trucks and this book is perfect for him.
- My 5 year old is really into garbage trucks. This is a good basic book, but it didn't really provide him with any new information. He read through it a couple of times and hasn't looked at it again since Christmas.
- Good book,
- Our 3 year old grandson LOVES this book. I wish it were bigger and longer, but he is happy with it just the way it is.
- My 4 year old, garbage truck obsessed, son loves this book. I think the words are a little corny, but he will look at it for ages, and wants me to read it every night!
- Great product!
- Every kid I know loves to watch a garbage truck going by. Young children are thrilled to learn about the stuff of everyday life, like what happens to garbage. And what does it take to keep our towns and cities clean?This book has pictures of sanitation workers and garbage trucks in action with simple vocabulary and easy to follow concepts. Bold words are found in a small glossary. There is a short index to teach young children how to look up specific details. The end of the book also contains a diagram of a common garbage truck and some interesting facts about garbage trucks.
- Our 2 year old grandson just had a Garbage Truck Birthday Party so I had to get this book as a gift. He likes all cars, trucks, trains, but he especially adores Garbage Trucks!! This book is perfect for him.
- My son who is just about to turn 2 is obsessed with trash trucks and he loves this book. It is a small sized book which I think is great and has one photo per page of a trash truck. The pictures are very basic and dated, but my son absolutely loves it. It is a quick read and when we are done my son says "again" and we read it at least 3 times before bed.
- We own about 5 books on garbage trucks, all purchased from Amazon, and this is my son's favorite. He is 2 years old and absolutely in love with garbage trucks. This one has a bit more information than some of the others, so for younger children I'd start with a more basic book until they learn the basic garbage terms and concepts. But, for older children or younger children with a garbage truck passion, it's great to have more content.
- I work for a Garbage company and have never had so much fun giving out a book before, it is a fantastic kids book but us old garbage people really have enjoyed it also. I am hoping to get enough books to hand out to all our employees.
- Good book for my 3 yr old son, lots of pictures of garbage cans, garbage trucks, and recycling. The descriptions are plentiful, so he never tires of me reading it to him.
- Theses pictures inside are from the seventies and a lot of info is totally obsolete. It was kinda nostalgic for me tho and it made me laugh.