Press:Scholastic Library Pub Childrens Pr; New edition edition (September 1988)
Author Name:Venezia, Mike
Presents a biography of Rembrandt
Text: English, French (translation)
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Mike Venezia is the author of several nonfiction books for children.
Children's Books,Arts, Music & Photography,Art,Painting,History,Biographies,Art
PDF Download And Online Read: Rembrandt (Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists)
Comment List (Total:10)
- This book was read last evening by my son to his young son. They savored the book and the work he did to sound out the words. They were living in a state of wonder and excitement and giggles were heard throughout.Thank you.Jeanne
- Decent writing and photos but it is a VERY THIN book, and clearly not worth $7. each for the entire series. If you just need one small kid's art book, it might fit the bill, but look elsewhere if you want several of them.
- Perfect Thank you
- These are supplements for our home school history and art programs. They are informative and easy for our 8 y/o to read. It arrived quickly and exactly as described. I would recommend this series for any elementary student. We also bought Michelangelo and Da Vinci. All are nice additions to our lessons.
- super for kids traveling.
- we love these books. My son and I have learned so much from reading them together. We both really enjoy them. It's fascinating!
- The books in this series are the best books I've seen to introduce children to great artists. "Getting to Know Great Artists" books bring to life the person behind the painting with fun cartoons about his life. Why did Rembrandt start painting? What's so great about his paintings? This book makes kids care about the man and his art. Your kids will wind up knowing more about Rembrandt than most adults ever will! The combination of cartoons with color photographs of the artist's paintings makes the book lively to look at. The text is interesting and easy to read. The artist's greatest works are shown within the context they were made: what was going on in the artist's life, how the work was received by society at the time. I recommend this whole series of "Getting to Know Great Artists" very highly.
- Long overdue praise for a wonderful introduction to the art world for young ones. I used this as one volume in a series for an on-going study for homeschool for my two children grades 7 and 10. We studied not only the artists but their art, their lives their languages, their geographic areas and their impact on the art world. The kids were guided to recognize great works through these volumes and were guided to experiment to paint like the Master we were studying! Believe it or not, each of these volumes-less than 70 pages each o believe, was worth a full 6 weeks of Art History lesson starters!
- I purchased this book to use as a read aloud in my seventh grade class. I wanted to set up the unit by providing my students with some background knowledge on the subject. It worked perfectly.