Press:Jonathan Cape Jonathan Cape; First Edition edition (May 1983)
Author Name:Willard Price
Hal and Roger Hunt crash-land into the middle of a pioneering expedition to the unmapped regions of the greatest jungle on earth: the Amazon.
And when their mission to explore the uncharted territory of the Pastaza River goes off course...
it's the survival of the fittest.
About the Author
WILLARD PRICE was born in 1887 in Peterborough, Ontario.
He held a special interest for natural history, ethnology and exploration and made numerous expeditions for the American Museum of Natural History and the National Geographic Society.
He went on to edit various magazines on travel and world affairs and spent six years working in Japan as foreign correspondent for New York and London newspapers.
He wrote fourteen adventure stories featuring Hal and Roger Hunt and travelled in seventy-seven countries before his death in 1983.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Children's Books,Action & Adventure
PDF Download And Online Read: Amazon Adventure
Comment List (Total:14)
- The first memories I have of my step-mother are of her reading this book to me and my brother when I was 10 years old. We were all captivated by Hal and Roger and their adventures throughout all of the adventure series. Even my father would plead for just one more chapter before bedtime. Although I am now 23 and in medical school, I still own a copy of these books and eagerly await the chance to read them to my children. For those of you reading this review, I recommend Amazon Adventure and all of the Adventure series for you and your children. Hal and Roger remain my favorite childhood characters.
- I am 42 years old and read Amazon Adventure when I was around 9 or 10 years old. I read it 12 times.
- I read this book and the rest of the "Adventure" series in grade school over thirty years ago. After a ten year search for copies of the books, I finally went back to that elementary school library two thousand miles from current home to track down the author so I could buy these wonderful stories for my son. No single author has had a more lasting impact on my life. I encourage you you to read "Amazon Adventure" and all the rest with your family, just like you've done with "Harry Potter."
- I read this book as a young girl (at my brother's recommendation). It is one of my all-time favorites. Very exciting!
- I'm 44 years old and after all these years I still remember living these adventures with Hal and Roger.
- My first book I ever checked out of a library was Adventure. Being a small boy who grew up watching Indiana Jones and other adventure seekers, this series by Price helped capture...
- MY DAD GOT ME TO READ THIS BOOK FOR A BOOK REPORT. IT IS A GREAT BOOK FOR SOME ONE WHO LIKES THE OUTDOORS AND ANIMALS.
- A long time ago, back when I was in third grade, if we were good that day in school, about an hour before we were finished with the school day, Mrs. Rhierson would let a good reader read a chapter or two before the class. It was enthralling. Of all the times at school that I can remember, it is of that reading time that I am most fond. Today, it is one of many adventure books I have in my library. I highly recommend it.
- I accidentally ran across this book at the school library. This is one of the best action-adventure books for children that I have read in a long time. I think it would be appropriate to compare it to Indiana Jones. There is action from the start to the finish. This book would appeal to any child from third grade and up. It would be perfect for the boy that doesn't like to read and needs something to sustain interest. I highly recommend this book.
- I READ ALL OF MR PRICES ADVENTURE BOOKS AS A YOUNG BOY. I FIND MYSELF USING INFORMATION LEARNED FROM THESE BOOKS EVEN TODAY!!I AM NOW 35 AND SOME OF MY BEST CHILHOOD MEMORIES ARE OF THE HOURS SPENT ON THE MANY ADVENTURES WITHHAL AND ROGER...AT OUR LOCAL PUBLIC LIBRARY YOU COULD FIND MY NAME ON THE CHECK OUT RECORD FOR EACH ANDEVERY BOOK (AT LEAST 10 DIFFERENT READINGS OF EACH) FROM AMAZON ADVENTURETO AFRICA, DIVING,SOUTH SEAS,LION,WELL YOU UNDERSTAND.I HIGHLY RECOMEND THESE BOOKS FORKIDS OF ALL AGES. AND THANKS TO WILLARD PRICE FOR TAKING THIS YOUNG BOY ALL AROUND THE WORLD VIA HAL AND ROGER HUNTS MANY ADVENTURES....
- These are "classics" so to speak. Not exactly literature, but culturally significant and fun. They're probably not quite as socially insensitive ("politically incorrect") as the original (uncensored) Hardy Boys, but they're "worse" than the cheesy censored versions -- perfect for raising some red-blooded American boys. I haven't had the opportunity to read any of Price's adult non-fiction, but it's evident from the fictional adventure series that he has more actual experience than just a well-researched author fantasizing what it might be like. Nevertheless, I'd say the biggest shortcomings are the unrealistic exaggeration in the stories, and the lack of introspective character development, and the meaningless conflict with the adversary.
- Outstanding story....keeps my granddaughter on the edge of the bed when GrandPa reads it to her. She can't wait until the next bedtime to hear the next chapter.
- My husband was Mr. Price's dentist in the 70s who gave us all of his books. Our 7 yr old son ate them up, and read them all three times. He went to bed early so he could read more...I never had a problem getting him to bed as this was his reading time. I now have a grandson and will buy all of his adventure series to keep this great family experience alive...Bless you Mr. Price in heaven and to your family!!!
- amazon adventure....my 6th grade teacher read this book to us. she got into it, brought us along into the amazon with all of the characters. it literally was like you were there.